How can I schedule an invoice?
Follow these steps to schedule your invoices in Invoice Away.
1.To start, simply click on Invoices on the left hand side of the menu bar.
2.Once the page has loaded, you will see an overview of your invoices like below.
In this area you can sort the data by clicking on the column headers or by using the filters available to you to segment the invoices you wish to schedule.
3. As an example, we will go ahead and find invoices that currently have the status of “Not Scheduled” and “Awaiting Payment”. Click on the dropdown selection for “Stage” and select “Awaiting Payment”. Then click on the dropdown selection for “Status” and select “Not Scheduled”.
4.We then tick the invoices we wish to send and click on the Schedule button to begin the scheduling process.
5. A popup will display the invoices selected and the email address it will be sent to.
By default, we pull the primary person’s email address as setup in the contact in Xero, but you have full control as to whether you choose to send it to an alternate recipient, or to multiple recipients.
Note: Use a “;” to separate email addresses for delivery to multiple recipients.
6.Once you have verified that all the invoices have a valid email address, you can then choose the Timezone of the recipient (for eg. if you are based in America and have an Australian customer, you may opt to choose an Australia timezone so you can send an invoice during the customer’s working hours) as well as the date and time.
To select the date you will like to schedule the invoice.
- Click on the up/down arrow as shown below.
Select the time you will like the invoice to be sent.
- Click on up and down arrow to adjust AM/PM
Alternatively you could type the numbers in as long as you do not change the format.
Once you have setup your schedule, click on Next
7.You will then be taken to the next page to choose the e-mail template you wish to apply. If you have setup any previous templates, these templates will be available in the drop-down menu. If you wish to use Invoice Away’s default template, you can leave it on the default setting and simply enter the Subject of your email and click on Next
8. On this screen, we provide a preview of what your invoice template looks like (Xero placeholder values will be replaced on the actual email). You have the option to make further refinements if you so choose, but if not, you can click on the Next button
9.This final screen summarises the details you have entered and if you spot any errors, you can click on the Back button to rectify those errors. Once you are satisfied, you can click on the Submit button.
And that’s it you’re done!
To view invoices scheduled, you can click on Scheduled as displayed on the left-hand menu.